. Love Simple Green: It's How Vintage Style Works by Marisa Noelle

Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's How Vintage Style Works by Marisa Noelle


Hi All,

Well, 2 months will be done in 2013. How do you feel? I hope is still fun and full of dreams. Here is my new guest post. She is a mother and from Pennsylvania. Her blog called The Shades Of Monet Chronicles. Wanna know more about her? Let's take a look my interview with her.. Really glad i can found her blog. :)

1. What is your favorite song?

  Snowed Under by Keane

2. What is your favoirte quotes from song?  

"I don't know why I waste my time,
Getting hung up about the things you say, when I open my eyes and its a lovely day"

3. Can you share why do you really like that song?  

Being a pianist myself, I'm really drawn to Keane's piano driven style of music.  It goes without saying that Tom Chaplin's voice is soaring and beautiful (especially in this song), but I truly just love the lyrics.  When I first heard it, I was going through something myself where people in my life were bringing me down - I guess you could say that the lyrics made me feel hopeful and that there is so much beauty in the everyday that negativity just isn't worth wasting time on.  

4. Who is the person that inspiring your style? 

 I'm not really inspired by just one person - I look for inspiration from everyone including my grandmother to Marlo Thomas to Alexa Chung to other bloggers.  

5. Who is your singer?  

I'm absolutely crazy about Ingrid Michaelson :-)

My top 5 outfits:


I'm not much of a winter gal myself, no naturally I loathe putting on a coat.  I really love how the colors of this outfit came together though, coat included.  The heavy vintage dress and cozy coat made it perfect for walking around the city in the windy winter weather.

Most days I wear a lot of color.  This was something a little different for me.  The ivory and black babydoll dress with the little pop of red in my heart shoes made me feel dainty and just a little like Marie Antionette :-)

I'm definitely a sucker for a good vintage dress - especially any with a retro wallpaper inspired print.  The tent shape of this one along with the colors and print and little peter pan collar reminded me of something that one of that gals on The Brady Bunch would wear.  That was my favorite show as a child.  


Foxes, pastels, and a little scalloped collar on this vintage dress.  Yes please!  This was probably one of my favorite outfits ever.  It's vintage meets quirky and colorful.  This is me to a tee!


Lastly, I can never resist a little vintage hat.  This one is very near and dear to my heart.  I love the way the little mint bow on it looked with the mustard dress and orangey tights.  It seemed very appropriate for autumn, which of course is my favorite season.


2 comments:

badbatdiary said...

Oh this pics are fabulous ! thanks for this discovery !

Elana said...

Yay, I love Marisa! These are definitely some of my favorite looks of hers too :)